Last night was our underground supper club. One of the attendees, Denise wanted me to promise that I would post all the recipes. Since we started the evening off with our now famous fresh fig amuse bouche. This is a good place to start.
FRESH FIG AMUSE BOUCHE
- 1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 4 ounces Mascarpone
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 5 Ripe figs I’d suggest black mission
- Preheat oven to 350
- To make crackers: On greased baking sheet spoon one tablespoon of grated Parmesan on one side of the sheet. Using your fingers, press the cheese into a circle. Continue making 16 cheese circles. Leave enough space between crackers as the cheese will spread. Bake in oven for 12 minutes or until the edges are browned
- Remove baked crackers with spatula and place on cooling rack. Don’t leave on baking sheet because they will stick.
- Balsamic reduction. Place balsamic in sauce pan over medium/low heat and reduce to 1/4 cup about 5 minutes. Cool
- Assembly. Place crackers on a tray. Spoon one teaspoon of mascarpone on cracker. Depending on size of fig, slice in half or in quarters. Place fig piece on mascarpone. Continue until all crackers are complete. Drizzle reduced balsamic over finished crackers.
- Crackers can be made up to two days before serving. Place in air tight container.